Saturday, February 26, 2011

Week 1 recap

This week went pretty well. I cleaned out the pantry of the most heinous diet offenders and except for a few mostly unavoidable "white" invaders (there was a pizza night and a brief run-in with some chocolate chips) it's been fairly easy to cut unhealthful things out and replace with better items.   The best part is all the yummy, healthy stuff I found around town.

Here's what I've been able to locate:

The Organic Store close to my house sells: 
Whole wheat tortillas
raw corn tortillas (which make yummy baked tortilla chips to eat with salsa)
wheat germ
whole wheat flour
whole grain crackers
whole wheat jiao-zi (dumplings)
brown rice
Raw Sugar (less processed than white or brown sugar)
100% Organic Juice
Flaxseed Oil
Barley
Muesli
Organic Oats

Additionally Costco sells:
Whole-wheat spaghetti noodles
organic peanut butter (which contains no sugar or salt)
a large selection of nuts and dried fruits (just watch the added sugar varieties)
Granola
Yogurt

For anyone in my area interested in the organic store, it is located at HePing East Road, Sec. 2 (across from Da'An Park and next to Dante Coffee which is two doors down from the Starbucks at HePing and JianGuo Expressway)

Also, I have set a goal to run the Taipei Fubon Half Marathon this December.  If anyone around Taipei is interested in joining me for training, I run on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights at 7:30pm.  Currently I am running a slow-placed 5k around Da'An Park on Thursdays and Sundays and do speedwork at the Tai-Da track on Tuesdays.  If you want to train with me just let me know.

Talk next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment